[mythtvnz] EPG categories, epgsnoop script

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:56:33 +1300

On Thursday 28 December 2006 15:18, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Sky use the following values in the parental rating descriptor:
> rating - meaning
> 0x02 - G
> 0x04 - PG
> 0x06 - M
> 0x08 - 16
> 0x0a - 18
> 0x0c - 18+
> 0x0d - 20
>
> I built this table by comparing the DVB values with the ratings Sky report
> on their website. I notice that some programs on the website are listed as
> AO now. Presumably they have added a new code for that, but I haven't
> looked yet.

Cool, those are the same as I figured out. I thought I saw a few anomalies but
that may have been from staring at XML for too long.

> I also figured out that Sky put "advisory notes" in the user content
> nibbles of the content descriptor. The flags are:
> 0x01 - V (contains violence)
> 0x02 - S (sexual content may offend)
> 0x04 - L (language may offend)
> 0x08 - C (content may offend)
>
> More than one of these may be set.

Excellent, that was on my TODO list to figure out. I'll add them to the next
version.

Much appreciated,

hads

--