[mythtvnz] EPG categories, epgsnoop script

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:49:20 +1300

On Thursday 28 December 2006 09:32, Toby Mills wrote:
> Hi Hadley
>
> I gave your updated epgsnoop script a whirl to see how it goes.
> Wow, what an improvement, much cleaner, much faster and the output is
> great.
>
> I'll have a look at the categories and send you any updates or changes I
> discover while using it.

Hi Toby,

Cheers, glad to hear it's useful.

I've actually updated the version I'm using here again and it's now working
with a local sqlite database to override the category type (movie, tvshow,
series, sports) and category (Comedy, Drama, etc.) based on a title lookup.

It doesn't seem to slow the generation down much if at all which is cool. It's
useful as the EPG for channels 1,2 and 3 aren't really categorised otherwise,
and you can also override anything else you want.

I've also changed the ratings to G, PG, M etc. I'm not sure how accurate they
are yet but we'll see how it goes.

I wasn't planning on uploading it until I have added a basic interface for the
sqlite database but if anyone is interested now let me know.

I've been playing with imdbpy since lastnite and I'll see if I can incorporate
that in a useful way.

Cheers,

hads

--