[mythtvnz] EPG categories, epgsnoop script

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 00:11:18 +1300

On Friday 22 December 2006 12:43, Hadley Rich wrote:
> I've updated this again, it now acts a little more like a useful program.
>
> Changes;
>
> - Now outputs XML to STDOUT for better use in scripts
> - Now picks up on system local timezone to use for offset in XML
> - Improved status display
> - Fixed dvbsnoop call so as not create a shell (caused left over processes)
>
> There's still more to clean up and do but it's coming along.

Hi all, I've been messing around with this again tonite, it's working really
well for me so far.

Here are this versions changes;

# - Added initial command line options (quiet and timezone override)
# - Added channels XML including icon and URL (mythfilldatabase will
automatically download the icons).
# - Added inital ratings XML
# - Adjusted category generation (helps with canned searches in mythweb)
# - Added configuration directory and first config file (for channels)
# - Removed length attribute from desc tag (xmltv compliance)

It's in the same spot as before, although I've shortened the URL to make it
easier to remember - http://nice.net.nz/epgsnoop

If anyone has any input to give on the rating systems that's being used via
DVB and can help me translate it into something more useful that would be
cool. I'd also welcome some input on the categories (or anything for that
matter).

Below is a sample of the new output;

<channel id="1052.dvb.guide">
        <display-name>Food Television</display-name>
        <icon src="http://nice.net.nz/epg/icons/food_tv.jpg" />
        <url>http://www.foodtv.co.nz</url>
</channel>
<programme channel="1068.dvb.guide" start="20070102153500"
stop="20070102173500">
        <title lang="eng">She's The Man</title>
        <desc>Romantic Comedy: A teenage girl impersonating her twin brother
at his boarding school ends up falling for his roommate, whose girlfriend
falls for her! Inspired by Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. Starring: Amanda
Bynes, Channing Tatum.</desc>
        <category>movie</category>
        <category>Drama</category>
        <!-- Cat:1-0 -->