[mythtvnz] DVB-S and channel numbers

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:59:50 +1300

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 19:31, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Hadley Rich <mythtvnz@nice.net.nz> wrote:
> > Oh we do, but that doesn't solve the problem of shows that are only on
> > in "prime time" which can only be recorded and watched later if you have
> > multiple tuners.
>
> Sure, but how does LiveTV help with that problem?

It doesn't, that wasn't my point :)

For example, Prime and Survivor. We can only get both via Sky, so until 3 or
Prime is available on DVB-S we can't record one of them for later.

So, as it is, it ends up as us watching one of them as LiveTV. When more FTA
DVB-S channels are available, we will have more shows recorded to watch later
on.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz