[mythtvnz] DVB-S and channel numbers

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:11:13 +1300

------=_Part_130_10780915.1166505073614

On 12/19/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Also how many of you configure a logical channel that spans multiple
> inputs, for example TVOne is the same EPG stream for Sky + Terrestrial +
> DVB-S and you leave MythTV to decide which input to use.

I do this. My setup is Sky + FTA DVB-S. For example I have channel One twice
in the channel table, once for Sky and once for DVB-S. Both rows have the
same channum and callsign (so both MythWeb and MythTV treat them as being
the same channel and they only appear once in the guides). They do have
different names, One (Sky) and One (DVB), but I don't actually find much use
for that.

I have the DVB-S input's priority higher than the Sky input's priority so
recordings will happen on the DVB-S card if they can. I don't find any need
to select a particular version of a channel, probably because I don't use
LiveTV much.

Cheers,
Steve