[mythtvnz] DVB-S + Sky

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:41:19 +1300

On Monday 18 December 2006 17:20, Hadley Rich wrote:
> root@frog:~# dvbtune -t 0 -f 1921000 -s 22500 -p v -m
> Using DVB card "ST STV0299 DVB-S"
> tuning DVB-S to L-Band:0, Pol:V Srate=22500000, 22kHz=off
> ERROR setting tone
>
> : Invalid argument
>
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS:
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER
> polling....
>
> although that ERROR setting tone line that's always there has always looked
> suspicious to me :)

As well it should. It appears that the Ubuntu/Debian manpage for dvbtune is
wrong (I'll be reporting the bug shortly).

I was just looking through the source and the correct option to set the tone
is -tone, not -t

When I call it like so; `dvbtune -tone 0 -f 1921000 -s 22500 -p v -m` then it
works correctly and doesn't mess with the Sky box.

So it would seem that you are right on the money about my problem, although
I'm stumped as to why it occurred suddenly without me touching the settings.

Now I just need to figure out the options in MythTV and I'll be sorted again.

Cheers,

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz