[mythtvnz] DVB-S + Sky

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:00:29 +1300

--=-F1Q1zJkTNOTRjIJYQxfk

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 13:56 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Does anyone know if anything has changed overnight with regard to Sky or=20
> something?
>=20
> I have a Skystar 2 and Sky running from the same cable with a splitter. S=
ince=20
> this morning I need to unplug my Skystar2 to get signal on the Sky box, a=
s=20
> soon as I plug in the Skystar card the Sky box goes immediately to the ra=
in=20
> fade screen.
>=20
> Anyone have any ideas?

Which way around are your feeds plugged in for power pass? Changed
anything with regards to tone? Sounds awfully like someone (probably
your Myth both) is providing tone, and if you have a new LNB that will
select 156E instead of 160E, or voltage switching between H pol and V
pol.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Systems Architect