[mythtvnz] Optus B1/D1 - MythTV stability and signal strength

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:24 +1300

On Sunday 17 December 2006 11:48, sam@samborambo.ws wrote:
> Steve, I think the main issue with stability using DVB-S is when it's in
> combination with a PVR-x50 card. My system was running fine on just my PVR
> card until I installed a twinhan DVB-S card. The ivtv drivers lock up
> completely sometimes. I'm only speculating here but I think it could be an
> issue with I2C conflicts or a driver conflict.

I've got a PVR-150 and a Skystar 2 in my system. It has been rock solid using
the .20 subversion branch.

I'm using ivtv .7.0 with a minor patch to fix the tinny audio issue. This was
fixed in .7.3 but I haven't got around to upgrading yet.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier