[mythtvnz] MythTV and DVB-S - Anyone using a DiSEqc ?

Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:11:52 +1300

Steve

I've got 3 LNB's and had all sorts of fun getting it going but in the end it
was the way I was doing it...

You've got B1/D1 on LNB 1 on you're diseqc switch right?

First your DVB card under diseqc setting set the number of ports i.e. 4 and
then you'll see four unconnected ports configure each one as each satelite
the LNB is pointing to and for your other LNB's set as LNB
Preset "custom" - "standard voltage" type LNB's and an LOF of 11300.

Then for each LNB input you need to configure a "Video Source" via
mythtv-setup i.e. one for B1/D1, one for C1 and one for B3.  don't worry
about XMLTV scans and make sure EIT scan is ticked, I set the frequency table
as newzealand for good measure but I don't think it's used when were talking
about DVB.

Then under Input Connections for each input to the diseqc switch set the video
source as appropriate (which is where i was going wrong so could only get
whatever satellite was being received from LNB 1) then with the DBV setting
on the same screen set the switch to the same satellite name as the video
source.

Once you've done that you should be able to scan for channels all going
well...

Hopefully you can understand my half drunken rambling on this rather hot
Friday night...

Tim