[mythtvnz] Serial InfraRed Receiver

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:07:47 +1200 (NZST)

On Mon, August 14, 2006 9:52 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, August 14, 2006 9:27 pm, Robert Fisher wrote:
>> On Monday 14 August 2006 9:13 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>>> actually there are two buttons on it that can be programmed to anothe=
>>> remote function, thats it I'm afraid.
>>>
>> I think ours has more buttons than yours Nick
>>
>> (see picture in previous post)
>
> It is exactly the same. the book refers to being able to set up the "TV=
"
> button (to switch your TV on and off) and the volume buttons (to contro=
> your tv volume instead of the computer sound card) I guess as the vol g=
oes
> up and down, so that makes 3.

Here is another link to the remote control manual pdf
http://www.2partsfusion.com/manuals/MCE_Remote_Manual.pdf

There isn't a icture in the manual, but the description of the buttons
corresponds, including the red/yellow/blue/green buttons.

" Using the Remote Control Learning Functionality
The TV, VOL +, and VOL – buttons on the remote control for Media
Center PC can
“learn” IR commands from other remote controls. This feature
lets you use the TV
button to turn on your TV and the VOL + and VOL - buttons to adjust the
volume on your
TV or another device, such as an audio receiver.
Notes
• By default, the VOL + and VOL - buttons on the remote control for
Media Center PC
   control the system volume on your computer, and the TV button has no
command
   assigned to it until it “learns” one." (page 7)
"