[mythtvnz] DVB and a 150 coexisting

Craig Box mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:37:25 +1200

>>> - MythMusic -- it behaves decidedly funkily, and my hodgepodge of
>>> randomly tagged MP3s mean that, for instance, there are four
>>> different Johnny Cash artists in it. If I don't have a way of
>>> getting
>>> it to just show directories, I'm going to have to do more work than
>>> I want to.
>>
>> Given up on this for the time being. I might turn it over to my
>> little brother, who can stand boring stuff (like fixing ID3 tags for
>> 30G of music) better than I can.
>
> mythmusic is crap. they something (anything) else IMHO.

MythMusic is not entirely crap, but it does have LOTS of foibles.

I believe you can adjust how the database is built.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythMusic#Configuring_MythMusic and see
if it is relevant.  I just fixed the tagging of all my MP3s. :)

MM is being replaced RSN.  Read the "MythMusic Revamp" messages posted to
the MythTV summer of code list,
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-soc/2006-July/.  mfd/mfe, the DAAP
(iTunes protocol) engine, is being updated to work much the same as MM.  SOC
is due to end soon, but I haven't seen any updates lately.  Hanging out to
see it!

Craig