[mythtvnz] DVB and a 150 coexisting

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:59:56 +1200

>- EPG -- the thing is STILL twelve hours ahead of what it should be, and
>there is no option to slow it 12 hours. The XMLTV offset doesn't work. I
>don't want to slow down the system clock 12 hours, because then everything
>ELSE will go funky.

Solved this. I was using Myth's EIT function, gave up on that and switched
to tv_grab_dvb, with Wade's scripting to get 12 hours difference. I'm still
not 100% certain of it (no dvbstream on KM, so I'm using the backend's dvb
antics).

>- Tuning -- or getting digital and analog to live happily together. It's
>not very intuitive, and there are approximately no easily found guides.
>They are ALL based in America, the land of either FireWire cable or pure
>analog 150s and IR blasters.

Gave up on this. I can stand no channel 3 for a few months, until FreeView
eventuates. So I'm running purely on the two Skystar2s either until my
fingers get twitchy or I run into too many recording conflicts. Whenever I
set digital and analog to the same chanid and callsign, the digital turned
to complete static.

>- MythMusic -- it behaves decidedly funkily, and my hodgepodge of randomly
>tagged MP3s mean that, for instance, there are four different Johnny Cash
>artists in it. If I don't have a way of getting it to just show
>directories, I'm going to have to do more work than I want to.

Given up on this for the time being. I might turn it over to my little
brother, who can stand boring stuff (like fixing ID3 tags for 30G of music)
better than I can.

>- Samba -- it doesn't seem to run automatically at boot, and the command
>to make it do that doesn't spring to mind.

Fixed! Toby, the Webmin link solved this for me.

One surprising point of interest was the Gallery thing -- Dad takes digital
photos, and was pleasantly surprised and highly interested in this part.
MythVideo was interesting insofar as watching my Children of Dune ogm's and
not-here-yet US SG1-Atlantis episodes.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth