[mythtvnz] DVB and a 150 coexisting

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:47:18 +1200

On 8/13/06, Nick & Ann Read <nick.read@engineer.com> wrote:
> >Ah, oh good. Do I need to tick the 'On Air Guide' thing for 'em?
>
> You have two choices. Firstly you can grab an xml file (download or via tv_grab_dvb) and populate data for all your channels that way. Secondly, you can tick 'On Air Guide' and it will download channel data for that channel IF it is being broadcast on the transponder where that channel lives. The problem is that TVNZ aren't broadcasting good data on thier transponders, it only covers now/next.

They used to have good-ish data. But I stopped using their feed for
another reason: you don't want any differences between your EPG for a
channel that appears on more than one input. E.g. you want the EPG
data for One on your DVB card to be exactly the same as the EPG data
for One on your PVR150 or whatever. I was using Sky's feed for the
tuner and TVNZ's feed for the DVB card and I found that they were
sometimes slightly different (e.g. slightly different titles for
programs). This means the scheduler won't treat them as the same.

Steve