[mythtvnz] Any ideas why I get only sound - only with DVDs?

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:29:28 +1200

mplayer doesn't do DVD navigation, AFAIK, so you might not want to use
mplayer.  I use "xine --auto-play=fh --auto-scan dvd".

If you have libdvdcss.*,libdvdplay.*,libdvdread* in your library path,
then it sounds like mplayer is not compiled with the right configure
flags.  Mplayer has tons of configure flags.  I would recompile it
myself in /usr/local.

-Mike