[mythtvnz] Hi & mplayer works but mythtv gives static?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:09:54 +1200

Simon Third wrote:
> Thanks guys, any input you can give would be helpful.
>
> I'm in Christchurch, and have been able to tune TV1,2,3,C4 Prime with
> mplayer.  Mythtv-setup seemed to do the job for me and my last
> mythfilldatabase ran without error, so I was expecting success (Even
> seems to be displaying the right info on the mythtv screen).  But
> no!...?
>
> Steve, I would like to look at/try your script.

Ok looks like you haven't set the UHF/VHF channel numbers in the mythtv
setup.

1. Exit the MythTV Gui

2. Type mythtv-setup

3. Under the channels setup see what channels you have defined (1-4+Prime)

4. Make sure you have the correct UHF or VHF channel for christchurch

5. Exit, restart the backend.

6. Restart front end and try your channels.

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll send you some sql.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz