[mythtvnz] DVB issues

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:24:27 +1200

For some reason, both Skystar2 cards are acting... strangely. I've added
/dev/dvb to the mythtv group, recursively.

They will refuse to lock onto a transport (12483) on first scan. Going back
a screen and re-scanning will work AFTER a failure, however, with both
cards. They're running on the stock Fedora Core 2.6.17 drivers.

Mythbackend throws a complete wobbly, saying that there is issues with the
Initial Tone Setting or something similar. It also claims that it can't
find the tuning parameters, despite mythtv-setup scanning properly (on the
second go around).

The PVR150 scans nicely on ivtv 7.0, and doesn't have any issues that I can
see, but I can't check if the EIT EPG thing is working, since mythfrontend
is refusing altogether to run any TV watching shenanigans.

Does anyone have any tips? What am I doing wrong? Is there some setting in
Fedora that I haven't configured correctly?

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth