[mythtvnz] Cabling my house

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:55:49 +1200

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 06:46 +1200, Robert Fisher wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 August 2006 3:05 pm, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>
> > What do you guys think?
> >
> If you have a single story house with a roof space then put in what you need
> or foresee for now and as well as that put in "draw-strings" or "draw-wires"
> so that you can add other wires later if needed.
>
> I did that with all of the houses we have built and took digital photos of the
> frames, wires and draw-wires before the lining went on.

This house is single story, but does have a crawl space under the house,
so it is reasonably accessible.  So I'm not so fussed about having
draw-wires.  For folks on concrete slab, this is certainly a must have.

Although I will definitely be putting in a draw wire for the conduit
running out to the garage.  I suspect I'll be using the existing phone
wire as a pull wire to pull through some cat5 and RG6...   If that
conduit is big enough...

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally