[mythtvnz] Cabling my house

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:46:54 +1200

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 22:59 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:41:10 +1200
> Andrew Ruthven <andrew@etc.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> > > In any case, digital terrestial will be UHF, so will work fine off of
> > > the same antenna feed as analog, assuming you connect both VHF and
> > > UHF to the same cable?
> >
> > Are we even going to have DVB-T?  I thought it was just DVB-S...
> > Anyhow, UHF and VHF can be combined on one cable.  Pretty much everyone
> > with two aerials on their roof has a combiner up there...
>
> I understand DVB-T AND DVB-S, all the country will get DVB-S and people in the main centres will get DVB-S (and not need a sat dish).

I'm assuming you mean DVB-T there for the main centres?  Excellent, good
news.  Although it does mean needing to buy yet another tuner
card...  :)

> Been to any country towns with traditionally poor TV reception in the last 5 years? They all have a sky dish, every little shit box shack on the West Coast has one.

Aye, it is always abit surprising to see.  Although I can completely
understand why.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally