[mythtvnz] Cabling my house

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:41:10 +1200

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 20:29 +1200, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Personally I don't think I'd bother with the RG6 at all. As long as
> you can put a mythbackend somewhere with the antenna connections,
> then you can just run a front end off the network anywhere you need
> to.

Except for when I "upgrade" MythTV and it all breaks.  Then we need to
have something to fall back on.  Also, if I come to rent out this house
(or sell it) then only have network connections will be an issue.

> In any case, digital terrestial will be UHF, so will work fine off of
> the same antenna feed as analog, assuming you connect both VHF and
> UHF to the same cable?

Are we even going to have DVB-T?  I thought it was just DVB-S...
Anyhow, UHF and VHF can be combined on one cable.  Pretty much everyone
with two aerials on their roof has a combiner up there...

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand