Solved [mythtvnz] Two PVR-150s, one works one doesn't - UPDATE

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:51:07 +1200

On 4/25/06, OpenMedia Support <support@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Craig Box wrote:
> >Also, do you feel its best to use the MythTV name for a commercial
> >(.co.nz) usage?  To me, it implies you have ownership or
> >right-to-speak-on-their-behalf, etc.
>
> At the moment mythtv have mythtv.org. Locally I could have looked at
> mythtv.org.nz, but I'm also pushing the use of MythTV by a commercial
> company so .co.nz kinda made sense.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I don't think there is any problem with
this morally (and certainly not legally). There is nothing in the
license, documentation, or statements I've seen from those central to
the project to the effect that commercial use is in anyway
discouraged. Quite the opposite, infact.

Besides all that, as you say, the significance of .co. v .org. and
.net. is quite irrelevant to the vast majority of net users.

Steve