[mythtvnz] Quiet Frontend?

john mcknight mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:08:44 +1200

Does anyone have advice on building a quiet frontend? I have been using
a standard PC as a combined backend/frontend (PVR500, Athlon XP 2200+,
home made lirc, FTA, etc) parked next to my TV and stereo, for some
time. It looks stupid, and makes a terrible racket, but as the master of
my domain, I really don't care, and can always turn the volume up.

However $MISSUS2.0 would like something quiet (that can be hidden), in
our new house. I have permission to spend money, but I don't want to go
over the top.

There are a plethora of different options, and apart from separating the
frontend, I can't seem to work out what to do. Advice and opinions would
be appreciated.

Cheers,
John.