[mythtvnz] Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S card pricing for NZ market

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:22:42 +1200

On 4/12/06, Open Media Support <support@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> 1. Are enough people interested to make it worth my time

There has been a lot of interest here, not sure how many people
haven't yet got one though.

> 2. What is a reasonable price
>
> Problem is it is very hard to complete with dvbshop as they move such hug=
> quantities.

If you can get to < $140 incl shipping you'd be competitive for a
single card order, I think. You should also have the advantage in
terms of shipping time, though dvbshop.net only took 9 days for my
order.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather buy locally than from an overseas
vendor but I'm not prepared to pay much of a premium to do it. If the
difference was more than about 10% I'd go with the cheaper option.

Steve