[mythtvnz] Nvidia drivers warning (Gentoo)

Open Media Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:22:41 +1200 (NZST)

> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 10:48 am, Steve Hodge wrote:
>
>> Right, which means any packages you've got set to allow "unstable" are
>> going to be upgraded to new unstable versions. You might be better off
>> actually specifying the version that works so that it doesn't get
>> upgraded.
>
> Correct, which is why /etc/portage/package.keywords
> now has these lines...
>
> =3Dmedia-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.8178-r1
> =3Dmedia-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.8178-r3
>
>> I'm running 6629 with my FX5200. What sort of card are you using?
>
> BoardName   "NV43 [GeForce 6200]"

Interesting. I'm currently trialing the latests NVidia drivers with no
issues. Had to make sure I tweaked the XFree86 config file as there are a
couple of interesting enhancements, but nothing major.

Any more detail on your problems?

OpenMedia Limited
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz