[mythtvnz] Free to Air in NZ - Whats worth the effort ?

OpenMedia Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:31:09 +1200

paul arthur wrote:

>without paying monthly subscription charges, what is available free to air in NZ / Auckland ??
>
>I've got good/ok TV reception on  :-
>
>TV1
>TV2
>TV3
>Prime
>Triangle
>Maori
>C4
>Juice
>Trackside

If you take a look at
http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=NZMythConfig you will notice you
should also be able to get AltTV if you can get  Juice FTA.

With DVB-T you can also get DW and CCTV9 which is hardly worth the
effort, but the Digital signal for TV One and TV2 is excellent.

>No Nasa TV...

There is an Auckland station that occasionally transmits NasaTV but the
reception is dreadful

>What recommendations do you have + what hardware is required ???
>I've a Sky dish on the roof from a previous home owner - its not plugged into anything.

Other people are better equipped to comment on the DVB-S or set-top box
options.

Technical Support - OpenMedia Limited
email   - support@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz