[mythtvnz] YAI

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:32:46 +1300 (NZDT)

Quoting Graeme Woollett <g.woollett@irl.cri.nz>:

> If anyone can help me with getting LIRC (with a homebrew rx/tx) to talk
> to a Sky digital box that would be cool. irrecord either comes up with
> the message something went wrong or irsend doesn't make the lights flash
> on the Sky box. LIRC works fine as a decoder with other remotes.

This isn't helpful to you, but TelstraClear/Saturn TV use Motorola/GI set top
boxes with use the DCT2000 remote codes.  Anyone using Saturn cable TV in
Wellington or Chch should be able to use this...

Have you tried irsend-ing to another device to confirm the sender works?
Despite following the wiring diagram, I ended up having to switch the polarity
of the diode in the transmitter - it was flashing invertedly!

If you have a video camera, pointing the IR-led at it should tell you if
anything's happening when you IRSEND.

Duncan