[mythtvnz] Prime TV

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:37:25 +1300

>  > On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>>>  We have Prime on 62.
>
>Steve said
>>  Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.
>
>Steve - each regional transmitter has a different set of channels... helps
>prevent an aerial from getting two signals with a time difference.
>
>Rob - for some reason every other channel is exactly one less than where
>it should be...  I have tuned channels on broadcast 2, 5, and 8 rather
>than 3, 6 and 10.
>
>I suspect my aerial isn't good enough.

That's a PVR150 card right?  I'd take it back and get a replacement
if you can.  It's what I did with my first one.

My first card did exactly the same thing once I realised that's what
it was doing.  It took many hours to figure that out, I just thought
I had some sort of software issues, since everything (linux/mythtv)
was new to me, and I couldn't get any signals when I tuned the card
to what it should be.

In the end I took the card back and got a replacement since it was
going to cause too many issues.  If you add another card to the box
which works as it should, you'll have to define a whole new source
with different channels since they will both have different frequency
IDs for the same channel. Easier to get a card that works as it
should.

  - Wade