[mythtvnz] EPG icons

Dagan Galarneau mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:46:03 +1300

Thanks for the info on icons, Nick.

There is indeed a way to import the icons via mythfilldatabase.  On my
initial setup (done with mythfilldatabase --manual), I used an XML file
with just my channel listings, carefully matched to my eventual EPG source
(hairy.geek).  The <icon> tag in the XML file is used to point to an icon,
either locally or on the web:

<icon src="http://210.56.39.237/xmltv/logos/tv1_newzealand.jpeg"/>

Here's an example of an entire entry.  Populate the XML file with all of
your channels in this manner, and you're pretty much all set:

<channel id="TV1@SkyTV.tv.nz"><display-name
lang="en">TV1</display-name><display-name lang="en">1</display-name><icon
src="http://210.56.39.237/xmltv/logos/tv1_newzealand.jpeg"/></channel>

If the icons are located on the web, they're downloaded and stored locally
the first time mythfilldatabase parses the file.