[mythtvnz] EPG genres

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:30:19 +1300

--=-ytzCJgKte9hlAD4KYDjX

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 11:46 +1300, Dagan Galarneau wrote:
> In the listings from hairy.geek, I've noticed that there's no genre=20
> data.  However, the genre is available from the Sky listings on their web=
=20
> site.  Is the genre data included in the DVB stream?  Is it being lost in=
=20
> the conversion to XMLTV format?  It would be quite useful to have the dat=
a,=20
> especially since MythWeb has special treatment for the Movie genre.

The DVB EPG can include vast amounts of detail.

But Sky doesn't appear to be populating it, or tv_grab_dvb doesn't know
how to decode it. I suspect the former, because the guide on Sky's set
top boxes has rating but not genre, and rating is probably what the
Unknown Element tv_grab_dvb keeps reporting is..

I haven't checked TVNZ's EPG data yet. Apparently they're uplinking
their own EPG data, it's not Sky's like the other transponders.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Catalyst IT Limited