[mythtvnz] EPG problems

Gary Te Young mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:01:59 +1300

>Well that is just what mr.geek was doing, grabbing the data off his
>satellite card and dumping it for people to pick up as an xml file
>(gzipped, but that is irrelevant).

The difference here though is the data was stored on his server, in this
case it would be a live stream of some kind from the card itself.  There
would be no data storage just straight from the DVB-S card.  Obviously the
card would be used a lot more but to get away from the data storage problem
this would be needed.

Couldn't we also just setup offshore site(s) that are the only sites that
hit the master site and relay the result to the end user so if there is a
cease and desist letter, it will be for the relay site so the impact is
minimal.  We could then just set up another relay to the master?

Regards,
Gary Te Young

@Home Downunder Ltd
www.athomedownunder.com