[mythtvnz] Best NZ commerical settings

Gary Te Young mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:35:38 +1300

>I've got All with Strict ticked.  Seems to work 95% on TV3 and C4. TV
>One is a bit flaky, with some commercials not being detected and a
>couple of false positives.  Currently set Auto-Skip to notify, to see
>how it goes.

I haven't bothered using commercial detection.  I have found usually the FTA
channels are nearly always 4 minutes.  I have the skipping (up and down
arrows) set for 2 minutes and I have the back and forward (left and right
arrows) set for 25 and 15 seconds respectively.  I started using the
commercial detection in the earlier stages of its development and found when
it didn't detect a commercial it was a hassle finding where it was up to.
In the end I decided not to bother.

Regards,
Gary Te Young

@Home Downunder Ltd