[mythtvnz] DVB-S

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:58:13 +1300 (NZDT)

Quoting Robin Gilks <g8ecj@gilks.org>:

> > on 2/12/2005 4:44 p.m. Nick Rout wrote:
> >> I guess this is the one
> > > http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_10&products_id=319
> >
> > This card seems to be the way to go from all accounts - anyone
> > interested in a bulk buy and sharing shipping costs?
> >

> I might be tempted - I wonder if the VAT will cover some/most of the
> shipping - won't have to pay that as we're outside the EU - its 15% as
> I recall in Germany.

Have they resovled the issues of co-habitation with IVTV and the DVB drivers?
My understanding was that the tuner module that works with IVTV would not work
with DVB cards, and vice versa.

I could also be tempted, but only if the cards work with the sub $100 dishes
you can get on Trademe.  I don't already have a Sky dish.

Duncan