[mythtvnz] DVB-S

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:32:07 +1300

On 12/2/05, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > TechniSat SkyStar 2. A friend and I bought one each from German. Total
> > for two cards was 80 Euro. Shipping was another 35 Euro. Total NZD
> > cost was about $100 for each of us.
>
> OK, I guess this is the one http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?cPath=
=3D1_10&products_id=3D319

That's the one.

> Any info on whether the remote works with LIRC?

It should. The windows software uses WinLirc. However my homebuilt
receiver wouldn't receiver anything from the remote - I suspect they
use different wavelengths of light. The receiver dongle that comes
with the card appears to be a standard Lirc receiver (i.e. same
circuit as the homebuilt one), though I didn't open it up to look. I
haven't tried using that receiver yet, partly because Lirc
transmitting is rather vital to me and I don't want to break it,
partly because I'm a bit dubious about the value of an IR receiver
plugged into the back of the box, and partly because I just haven't
got round to it.

Steve