[mythtvnz] Introduction..

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:16:17 +1300

--=-zHsNelvE+Qf33wQfSxoJ

Hi all.

A friend pointed out this list, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been running MythTV for about a year and a half, starting with a
spare BT878 card on a Shuttle box, then replaced that with an SAA7134
card on the same box, then in early 2005 replaced it with a TechniSat
SkyStar 2 DVB-S card, then finally replaced the Shuttle box with a
Silverstone HTPC case and a full ATX board.

That last replacement was driven by the need to get at least another
DVB-S card, and maybe a PVR-150MCE or a PVR-500. Shuttle's don't have
enough PCI slots :)

Some may know me more by my blog: http://hairy.geek.nz/

I've also started a Wiki, mostly to write down all the DVB-S setup stuff
at http://pvr.geek.nz/ .. but the intention is to cover most home-brew
PVR setups, whether they're MythTV or not.

Anyway, good to see some more people running MythTV :)

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Catalyst IT Limited