[mythtvnz] OK - here we go!

Gary Te Young mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:50:35 +1300

Hi Dagan,

>The last time I tried using the PVR-350's video output, I was impressed
>with the picture quality.  However, the driver had a delay of about 2
>seconds while the buffer filled before it started playing.

Yes there is still a delay, but Craig is right, this is to buffer the
program  you are watching.  I don't know how much live TV you watch but I
found I was watching less and less of live TV and recording the shows I
actually wanted to watch.

I think the only live programs I would watch are live events such as the
football.  Apart from this, why watch live TV?  A 1 hour show is actually 40
mins long so rather than watching the show straight away, I watch a recorded
half hour show.  The half hour show is actually 20 minutes long and when
that is finished I then watch the 1 hour show which is now 20 minutes into
the program.  I then catch up to realtime at the end of the show having
watched an extra show and all with no ads.  Not bad for only having to wait
4 seconds don't you think? :)

Regards,
Gary Te Young

@Home Downunder Ltd