[Mcc-interest] MCC news

Michael Kiely Michael.Kiely@RBWM.gov.uk
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:46:48 +0100

Dear all

A couple of dates to note.

Do drop in, if you get the chance.

There is no meeting at Cox Green this week.

On Tuesday 17th we meet at Norden farm Centre for the Arts to celebrate the
launch of Frame 4.

This will run from 17 Oct - 5 Nov 2006 at Norden Farm Centre for the Arts

Frame 4 will showcase a diverse range of material from four members:

			Paul Franklin
			Bill O'Keefe
			Andy Page
			Mark Russell

Organising team:

			   * Rod Bird
			   * Ed Doughty
			   * Dave Mundy

Exhibition organiser Rod Bird said, "Maidenhead Camera Club is very pleased
to have gathered together the work of four prominent local photographers.
Each of the four has a distinct style, from Paul Franklin, a painstaking
landscape photographer who takes a small number of exquisite large format
photographs, through to Andy Page who's a professional and therefore often
has to take hundreds of pictures in a single evening".

Also featured are Bill O'Keefe, Maidenhead born and bred and a very
well-known figure in the amateur photography scene since the 1970's, and
Mark Russell, an accomplished black and white darkroom worker who made the
transition to digital imaging ten years ago and has never looked back.

"Where relevant we've tried to show examples from the back catalogues of
each of the contributors, so that viewers can see how the photographers'
approach and treatment have changed. We're also determined to display the
photos to the very highest standard - we want to live up to our reputation
for London Salon standards of presentation".

It is also important to note the late change to the programme.

On Tuesday 24th October we welcome MCC member David Birch, at Cox Green.

The club presents Water and Sand - California as seen by David Birch. David
is a highly respected member of the club whose images are always successful
in competitions. Over one hundred slides will be presented with commentary.
We have already had sneak previews at Season Launch and Print Competition 1,
so we already know this will be a great evening.

See you at Norden Farm
Michael

You should be aware that all emails received and sent by this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.

This e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the person(s)
named above.   If you are not the intended addressee it is requested
that you do not copy, distribute or rely on the information contained
within the e-mail, as such action may be unlawful.

If it has reached you by mistake then please call 01628 798888 to
let us know or notify us by e-mail and then delete the message.

Thank you for your help

http://www.rbwm.gov.uk