[Mad4dance]Where to go on Saturday 15th March

Andy McGr gp@mistral.co.uk
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:43:53 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2EA62.0B29F970

Hi Paul

Thanks for the email.I can't think of anywhere inspiring to go on =
Saturday night either.  I've had at least half a dozen people ask me =
what I'm doing or where I'm going.  There's a dance at the Marina but =
the music seems uninspiring to me and the dancing's constantly being =
interrupted by the host.  Some people like it but I don't - maybe that's =
why it isn't even listed on Lynda's List!  And I'm not alone otherwise I =
wouldn't have received so many calls from dance addicts wondering where =
they were going to get their Saturday night 'fix'. =20

Also, there's nothing listed on Lynda's list that isn't so far away that =
those of us from Brighton/Worthing would spend 2 and a half hours on the =
road - not a great Saturday night.  So I've come up with a cunning plan =
which seems to have been jumped on by a dozen or so people already.  The =
plan is as follows;

1. Meet at the Bowling Alley at Brighton Marina betwen 8pm and 9pm for a =
few drinks and have some warm up dances on their small dance floor - =
entry to the bowling alley if free!

2. At 9.15 decamp and go to the Event Nightclub in at the Kingswest in =
Brighton.  This is the biggest nightclub in Brighton.  It opens at 9.30 =
and will be reasonably empty until the pub crowd come in at around =
11.30pm.  Entrance is only =A35 for us workers and students like Helen =
only pay =A31.

I've done this jiving amongst Muggle Dancers in Nightclubs thing before. =
 It works well as they show due respect and keep out of our way.  So =
long as there's always two or three jivers on the floor your magical =
jiving territory is always clearly defined.  And not only will this =
night be a voyage of discovery, it'll be cheaper too...

Everyone is welcome, so invite who you like, they just have to be modern =
jivers, they don't need to be my special friends or even good dancers - =
after all, we're just doing it for the fun.

Regards

Andy McGregor

p.s. Muggle Dancers is derived from Harry Potter novels where 'Muggle' =
is used as word to describe people without magic.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2EA62.0B29F970

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Paul</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Thanks for the=20
email.I can't think of anywhere&nbsp;inspiring to go on Saturday night=20
either.&nbsp; I've had at least&nbsp;half a dozen people ask me what I'm =
doing=20
or where I'm going.&nbsp; There's&nbsp;a dance at the Marina but the =
music seems=20
uninspiring to me and&nbsp;the dancing's&nbsp;constantly being =
interrupted by=20
the host.&nbsp; Some people like it but I don't - maybe that's why it =
isn't even=20
listed on Lynda's List!&nbsp; And I'm not alone otherwise I wouldn't =
have=20
received so many calls from dance addicts wondering where they were =
going to get=20
their Saturday night 'fix'.&nbsp; </FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Also, there's=20
nothing listed on Lynda's list that isn't so far away&nbsp;that those of =
us from=20
Brighton/Worthing would&nbsp;spend 2 and a half hours on the road - not =
a great=20
Saturday night.&nbsp; So I've come up with a cunning plan which seems to =
have=20
been jumped on by a dozen or so people already.&nbsp; The plan is as=20
follows;<BR><BR>1. Meet at the Bowling Alley at Brighton Marina betwen =
8pm and=20
9pm for a few drinks&nbsp;and have&nbsp;some warm up&nbsp;dances on =
their small=20
dance floor - entry to the bowling alley if =
free!</FONT></FONT></DIV><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>
<DIV><BR>2. At 9.15 decamp and go to the Event Nightclub in at the =
Kingswest in=20
Brighton.&nbsp; This is the biggest nightclub in Brighton.&nbsp; It =
opens at=20
9.30 and will be reasonably empty until the pub crowd come in at around=20
11.30pm.&nbsp; Entrance is only =A35 for us workers and students like =
Helen only=20
pay =A31.<BR><BR>I've done this jiving amongst Muggle Dancers in =
Nightclubs thing=20
before.&nbsp; It works well as they show due respect and keep out of our =

way.&nbsp; So long as there's always two or three jivers on the floor =
your=20
magical jiving territory is always clearly defined.&nbsp; And not only =
will this=20
night be a voyage of discovery, it'll be cheaper too...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Everyone is welcome, so invite who you =
like, they=20
just have to be modern jivers, they don't need to be my special friends =
or even=20
good dancers - after all, we're just doing it for the=20
fun.</FONT><BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Andy McGregor<BR><BR>p.s. Muggle =
Dancers is=20
derived from Harry Potter novels where 'Muggle' is used as word to =
describe=20
people without magic.</FONT><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2EA62.0B29F970--