[LUUG Publicity] LUUG Thurs 27th June

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:11:11 +0100

    			The LUUG Lectures

    		  UKUUG - London Unix User Group

    Thursday 27th June 2002, 19:00-ish

    Meet at the Rising Sun for discussion of Life, Unix, and Everything.
    We will then move on to eat - probably at the Spaghetti House in
    Goodge Street.

    I am still looking for volunteers to help with a HOWTO on running the
    Cyrus IMAP/POP server with LDAP authentication and Exim (or Postfix)
    mailer. If you are interested in this, come along on Thursday or drop
    a line to andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk

    LINUX DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE 5th-7th July:

        The UKUUG Linux Developers' conference will be taking place at
        the University of Bristol from Thursday 5th - Sunday 7th July.

        Highlights of the programme include the Linux 2.4 kernel
        maintainer Marcelo Tosatti (from Brazil, via the Kernel Summit
        in Ottawa), the glibc maintainer, Ulrich Drepper (from Red
        Hat in the US), The Hurd, AMD's Hammer architecture, Emdebsys,
        Gnome 2.0, DotGNU, Exim 4, Valgrind, Zope 3.0, MySQL, Bugzilla,
        Free Telephony, Subversion, MathMap, WorldForge, Attacking and
        Securing Linux servers, Kylix, Lego programming...

        There'll be a (free) exhibition on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th
        - including low-price linux CDs from the Linux Emporium and
        discounts on O'Reilly books together with IBM, SuSE, Perforce,
        Borland, Sistina, Sony PlayStation2 Linux, Debian, AFFS & NTK.

        On Friday morning there's a Linux Printing Workshop which is
        also free of charge and you can just turn up for this on the day.

        Further details (including prices for the tutorials and conference
        and travel information) are on the conference website:

        http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2002/

        Media Sponsors: OSDN, Linux Magazine, Linux User, Linux Format, NTK
        Sponsors: IBM, AMD, Perforce, Sistina, Sony, Borland

    The LUUG lectures are sponsored by the UK Unix systems User Group.
    http://www.ukuug.org/

    For further information on LUUG Lectures, contact Andrew Findlay:
    afindlay@ukuug.org
    01628 782565

Here's that map again:

			      |   |  Euston      |   |               | B |
      |   |            Goodge |   |  Square   ^  |   |               | e |
      |   |            Street=|   |  Tube     |  |   |               | d |
      | C |             Tube  |   |              |   |  | |          | f |
   ---| h |-------------------|   |              |   |  |M|          | o |
      | a |  Goodge Street    | T |              | G |  |a|          | r |
   ---| r |-------------------| o |              | o |  |l|          | d |
      | l |          ||Spag   | t |              | w |  |e|          |   |
      | o |          ||House  | t |              | e |  |t| Institute| W |
      | t |          ||       | e |              | r |  | |   of     | a |
      | t |          ||       | n |              |   |  |S| Education| y |
      | e |          ||       | h |              | S |  |t|          |   |
      |   |Fitzroy   || Rising| a |              | t |  |r|          |   |
      | S |Tavern    ||    Sun| m |              | r |  |e|          |   |
      | t |-------------------|   |--------------| e |--|e|          |   |
      | e |-------------------| o |--------------| t |--| |   |
      | e |                   | u |              |   |  | |   |  ---------->
      | t |                   | r |              |   |  | |   |  Russel Sq
      |   |                   | t |              |   |  | |   |  Tube
  ||  |   |-------------------|   |---------------   |---------
  ||  |   |  Percy Street     | R |Bayly St.         |Montague Pl.
  ||  |   |-------------------| o |-----.            |---------
  ||--|   |                   | a |     |  Bedford   |        |  Russel Sq.
  |---|   |            Cinema | d |     |  Square    |        |
		  Tottenham   |   |              |   |
		    Court     |   |              |   |
		    Road   |  |   |              |   |
		    Tube   V  |   |              |   |