[LUUG Publicity] LUUG Thurs 28th June

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:59:54 +0100

    			The LUUG Lectures

    		  UKUUG - London Unix User Group

    Thursday 28th June 2001, 19:00-ish

    No lecture this month, so more time for discussion of Life, Unix, and
    Everything. Meet at the Rising Sun around 19:00, and move on for food
    later.

    I have recently installed the Cyrus IMAP server - very impressive
    system, but in the default form it uses its own SASL database for
    authentication. I would prefer to use LDAP, but I don't want to lose
    the DIGEST-MD5 facility by going through PAM - has anyone tried this?

    Open-Source PKI Project:

    I am helping to put together a project to enter an open-source package
    in the UK Government's Public Key Infrastructure interoperability trials.
    The first round of tests finished recently, with the expected `big names'
    being involved and the report is at http://www.cesg.gov.uk/cloudcover/

    The package will need Certification Authority tools, Directories, and
    S/MIME-capable mailers. Most of these exist in open source in some form,
    but significant integration and testing will be needed. The target is
    to be able to exchange and verify signed and encrypted e-mail with other
    packages by mid-September.

    If you know of good components that we could use, or would like to get
    involved, please let me know: andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk

    Lectures wanted!

    LUUG is always on the lookout for interesting talks on subjects related
    to Unix, Networking, Open Source, Security and so on. Can you suggest
    someone who could give us a talk? Perhaps volunteer yourself?

    SuSE have generously donated a copy of their 7.1 Professional
    distribution to LUUG, which will be awarded to the first person to find
    (or be) a speaker for us.

    The LUUG lectures are sponsored by the UK Unix systems User Group.
    http://www.ukuug.org/

    For further information on LUUG Lectures, contact Andrew Findlay:
    andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk
    01628 782565

Here's that map again:

			      |   |  Euston      |   |               | B |
      |   |                   |   |  Square   ^  |   |               | e |
      |   |                   |   |  Tube     |  |   |               | d |
      | C |                   |   |              |   |               | f |
      | h |            Goodge |   |              |   |               | o |
      | a |            Street=| T |              | G |               | r |
      | r |             Tube  | o |              | o |               | d |
      | l |               =   | t |              | w |               |   |
      | o |-------------------| t |              | e |     Institute | W |
      | t |  Goodge Street    | e |              | r |        of     | a |
      | t |-------------------| n |              |   |     Education | y |
      | e |                   | h |              | S |               |   |
      |   |Fitzroy      Rising| a |              | t |               |   |
      | S |Tavern          Sun| m |              | r |               |   |
      | t |-------------------|   |--------------| e |               |   |
      | e |-------------------| o |--------------| t |        |
      | e |                   | u |              |   |        |  ---------->
      | t |                   | r |              |   |        |  Russel Sq
      |   |                   | t |              |   |        |  Tube
  ||  |   |-------------------|   |---------------   |---------
  ||  |   |  Percy Street     | R |Bayly St.         |Montague Pl.
  ||  |   |-------------------| o |-----.            |---------
  ||--|   |                   | a |     |  Bedford   |        |  Russel Sq.
  |---|   |            Cinema | d |     |  Square    |        |
		  Tottenham   |   |              |   |
		    Court     |   |              |   |
		    Road   |  |   |              |   |
		    Tube   V  |   |              |   |