[IEE EC3 News] IEE EC3 talk 24th April: Aspex Linedancer SoC DSP

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:08:56 +0100

Dear Colleague,

The next IEE EC3 lecture is on Thursday evening at Brunel University
in Uxbridge, and is titled:

	World-Class Silicon: Implementing the Aspex Linedancer
	System-On-Chip DSP

This promises to be a fascinating talk, given by the leader of the
design team for this impressive state-of-the-art chip.

I append full details of the lecture, and hope to see you there.

You are being sent this reminder message because either you
gave your email address at one of our previous lectures or
you signed up on the web site associated with this email list
(http://www.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/iee-ec3-news).

Details of our other lectures may be found at -
http://www.iee.org/OnComms/Branches/UK/England/SEastE/EC3/

Andrew Findlay

World-Class Silicon: Implementing the Aspex Linedancer System-On-Chip DSP

Dr Ian Jalowiecki
Aspex Technology Ltd

Thursday 24th April 2003 at 19:30
Room 062, Brunel University Lecture Centre, Uxbridge

Light refreshments available from 19:00-19:30

Synopsis

Linedancer is a revolutionary and extremely high performance software
programmable VLSI device, which implements the Aspex Associative
String Processor (ASP) architecture giving unique flexibility and
scalability. Linedancer integrates a Low Level ASP controller, a Secondary
Data Movement Controller, a 32-bit RISC CPU and a 4096 element parallel
processing module coupled with an integrated Primary Data Store. The
chip has internal RAM as well as interfaces to external DDR/QDR memory
and a 64-bit PCI bus.

Linedancer is a very flexible device, with applications in the Multimedia,
Communications, Broadband and Cryptography markets, and potential for
use in many other fields.

Aspex is a fabless semiconductor company with an enviable reputation for
right-first-time silicon. Dr Jalowiecki leads the engineering team that
designed and built Linedancer and its predecessors. He will describe
the chip, its architecture and applications, and give an overview of
the design process used to achieve a working device containing several
million transistors.

If you want to know more, come along. Everyone is welcome and no ticket
is needed. Simply turn up on the night.

For more details please contact Dr Richard Mitchell at rjmitchell@iee.org
or 0118 378 6790

Directions: Directions: South of Uxbridge centre, close to the
M4, M25 and M40 motorways. The main entrance is in Cleveland
Road, between The Greenway and Station Road. See map at
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/campus/uxbridge