[HTS-members] Updates

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Tue May 21 12:45:46 BST 2019

Dear Member

Easter Egg Hunt
You will have seen from the May Newsletter that our Easter Egg Hunt was a
great success again. We have continued to be fortunate with the weather and
thanks again to Sheila, Charlie and Toby for entertaining all in their
lovely garden.

Village Green Party
Also time for a reminder for our next event - the Village Green Party, June
22nd. Do get your tickets early (  <http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/>
http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/  )- eases the rush on the day itself and
helps us plan the catering. Dancing, live music, great food and even greater
company. We look forward to seeing you there.

Some planning notes
We are very pleased that an application at Cliveden Stud to undermine its
equestrian and agricultural usages has been refused (7th since 2007). Also
an application at Stockwells to build an additional house overlooking Berry
Hill has been refused (Second time of asking).

It appears that the  Environment Agency intends to close the car park by the
weir on Mill Lane to the public. We have objected to this as it is of great
use to villagers wanting to walk along the Jubilee.

Sadly an application for a telecoms mast outside Miller and Carter on the
Bath Road has been approved, adding more street clutter to Taplow.

The applications on Mill Lane for a pub and more houses are still
outstanding, as is the application from Challens Chicks in Marsh Lane for a
barn after seven months and counting.

Planning an extension?
South Bucks Building Control are holding a drop-in session for advice on
does and don'ts. See attached flyer.

The A4 Cycleway traffic jams
Traffic delays - one way traffic lights probable  (BCC call them two way in
an attempt to down play) this week between Hitcham Road and Sainsbury's.
Then 5 weeks of the same between Lent Rise Road and Hunterscombe Lane.

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

07787556309