[HTS-members] War Memorial appeal and other news

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 14:50:15 BST 2018

Updates before we all disappear on summer breaks.

New members
We have welcomed our first members from the new Mill Lane and Institute Road
developments, helping us keep close to change in Taplow.

The Village Green Party was again very successful and well attended, thanks
to glorious weather and the Cricket Club raised over £750 which they say
will go to supporting their Colts.

War Memorial appeal
war memorial with funding of £2,000, Nigel Smales led a Society appeal for
the remaining £1362 required with a most generous donation. In all 26
donations were made for a total of £1922. On 18th July our President, Eva
Lipman, handed a cheque for the £1362 to Parish Council chairman Jamie
Barnard. The surplus £560 we will hold against future memorial needs.
Thank you to:

Mrs Beaves, Miss M Cooper, Dean & Biddlecombe, C Gillies, Robert Hanbury,
Bridget Henderson, Brenda Kennedy, Dr Leftley, Eva Lipman, David Long, M&J
Meikle, Sheila Peroni, S Phillips, Alex Shephard, Mr&Mrs Sizer, Nigel
Smales, Louise Symons, SK Thornley, Jacqueline Turner, Crispin Turner, Bruce
Whitelaw, R&P Worthington
The Oak and Saw, Taplow Football Club, Taplow and Hitcham Recreation Grounds
Association, The Hitcham and Taplow Society.

The Summer Fete the following weekend was also a great success for the
Church, School and Playgroup.

More summer fun

Maidenhead Regatta
Saturday 11th August River Road

Bucks County Show – Thursday 30th August Weedon Park:
www.buckscountyshow.co.uk <http://www.buckscountyshow.co.uk>

Taplow Dog Show on the Recreation Ground awaits your return from summer
break – 9th September
http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/TaplowDogShowpdf.
pdf

There is also word of a ploughing competition 30th September off Marsh lane.
More information when available.

Travellers
For those of you living close to open spaces with concerns over unauthorised
traveller invasions, a phone Whatsapp has been developed “Landwatch” for
these occasions which you might want to look at / download. You can find it
at:  <https://chat.whatsapp.com/DmD5jVWy9FIJ4HIaHo6AVD>
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DmD5jVWy9FIJ4HIaHo6AVD

Recycling Centres
Bucks CC is to cut down spending on household waste sites.

<https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/waste-and-recycling/hrc-service-review/
> www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/waste-and-recycling/hrc-service-review,

On behalf of the Society may we wish you a very happy summer.

Roger Worthington, Secretary

07787556309