[HTS-members] Various topics and notices

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 10:02:40 BST 2016

Mill Lane

The recent decision by the Executive Committee to make an objection to the
closure of Mill Lane raised concerns from those members who support closure.
I have passed these on to our President. The Society did not raise this
objection at the formal planning hearings as we were aware that opinion was
divided. The strength of the e-petition persuaded the committee that an
objection was now justified. In a Society with a significant membership,
this type of problem can always occur. The important concern is how we find
out what opinions are and how they are aired.

To this end, we already have a working party looking at what other
communication facilities we could use to improve our discussions. Presently
we only have email, which is fine for announcements etc. but very poor at
supporting discussion. There are a multitude of more conversational and open
channels now available. New methods of subscription payment are also
available.

We intend to circulate a survey to find out your views on this and how
change might affect how the Society operates within Taplow and Hitcham.

Emerging Local Plan
The agenda for the meeting of the Overview and Scrutiny committee of SBDC
for 3rd October contains the updated Green Belt proposals for approval. The
area within Taplow opposite the station but south of the A4 appears to have
been dropped, although the area by the station but north of the A4 is still
present. See pages 90 on.

<http://sbdc-spider2.southbucks.gov.uk/democracy/documents/g2419/Public%20re
ports%20pack%2003rd-Oct-2016%2018.00%20Overview%20and%20Scrutiny%20Committee
.pdf?T=10>
http://sbdc-spider2.southbucks.gov.uk/democracy/documents/g2419/Public
reports pack 03rd-Oct-2016 18.00 Overview and Scrutiny Committee.pdf?T=10

Taplow Station -Work is starting for some time forward. See attached notice.

Proposed A4 cycleway
Further information on the A4 Sustainable Travel Scheme
proposal is available at two exhibition events taking place on:

Friday 30 September 2016
Taplow Village Centre, High Street, Taplow, SL6 0EX 2pm to 8pm

Saturday 1 October 2016
Burnham Park Hall, Windsor Lane, Burnham SL1 7HR 11am to
3pm

Subject to a successful consultation exercise and an affordable cost
evaluation for the final detailed design proposal, construction of this
scheme
is planned to commence in spring 2017.

Membership details

If you are aware of any member who does not receive these emails can you ask
them to send me an updated email address, please.

Roger Worthington, Secretary

07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to  <mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>
secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk and we will remove you.