[HTS-members] FW: National Trust Planning For People Campaign

Karl Lawrence karlnuman at supanet.com
Mon Sep 26 12:52:01 BST 2011

To all members

Please read this message from the National Trust. The Society Committee urge
you to sign the Planning for People petition. Although Government Ministers
are giving assurances day-by-day that there is no intention to provide a
'Developers Charter' to build wherever there is an empty space, the new
Planning Proposals offer many loopholes. The crucial change in the new
Planning Proposals is that the Chancellor has decreed that in considering
all planning applications there shall be "a presumption in favour of
sustainable development" but the Proposals do not define "sustainable". The
Proposals regarding villages such as Taplow, located within the Green Belt
and embracing Conservation Areas, are open to disquieting interpretation
threatening open space and greenfield development.

Hold down Control and click on "launched a website" then click on "sign the
petition"

Karl Lawrence

Chairman, Hitcham and Taplow Society

  _____