[GNUz] GNU/Linux support Weds 7.30pm

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Tue Feb 1 20:40:06 GMT 2022

Kia ora, hi all, the last of our monthly notices, February 2.

Very sad to announce our monthly meetings will not recommence in 2022.
Re-purposing of the public venue being the main reason. Covid
conditions, very long duration (17 years at the place) and low turnout
contributed too. Thanks everyone for your support of Freenix workshops!

GNU/Linux Users' workshop was: 7.30pm-9.30pm in the South Learning
Centre (SLC) at South Christchurch Library in Cashmere -
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/locations/SOUTH/ - held on the
first Wednesday monthly, Feb-Dec.

LiveCD/DVD installs of freenix* operating system distributions were used
to demonstrate alternative desktop environments, in the SLC computer
lab. N.B. USB memory stick thumbdrive boot access was no longer
available.

You can join us online tonight via https://meet.jit.si/freechan with a
backup of https://bbb.nzoss.nz/b/rik-huz-nrm-vmu courtesy of NZOSS -
many thanks.

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall

pp Sydenham GNU/Linux Users
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz
Software Freedom Day, Team Christchurch South, 17-September-2022
* Freenix: Unix-derived Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) esp. Linux
& BSD