[GNUz] new Firefox laggy

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Thu Jun 17 01:52:31 BST 2021

Thanks everyone for their input to this thread.

To conclude, my 4-core i5 system is running sweet now, nice in the range
of 0.2-1.0! It's 18GB of RAM is no longer being overloaded.

Resolved thus:

1. migration of all data from LTS Ubuntu-MATE platform 18.04 to 20.04,
to eliminate that and any add-on program risks as the source of errant
load.

2. A balance of Chromium, Firefox and Palemoon browsers running now, for
various tasks depending on security level required.

3. Tracked down the runaway kworker/acpi interrupt fault that could be
stopped then added as a reboot chron job stop.

4. Found the last contributing Firefox blow-out to be due to this
shopify / google api website, made safe inside a Chromium tab instead:
chamsyslighting.com

HTH

Cheers, Rik