[GNUz] GNU/Linux support Weds 7.30pm

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Wed Jul 18 00:52:54 BST 2018

Reminder for ALPS first meeting tonight.

This is reiteration of a previous attempt at Android Linux user
support, at the library venue, that got moved and became generic
cellphone user support / education, then petered out.

We will be temporarily turning an all-in-one PC into an overgrown
Android tablet, using an android-x86 LiveCD, and exploring the Linux
internals as best possible. We will look at GNU/Linuxy alternatives to
Android, for hand-held ICT devices/phones, also.

Externally, we will run Ubuntu-MATE LiveDVDs on other PCs for
comparison and definite internet, and provide the standard GNU/Linux
Users' support too (as per the first Wednesday night monthly).

All welcome. See you soon.