[GNUz] Software Freedom Day this Saturday

Benet 'Dr' Hitchcock benet at starlifterdigital.com
Mon Sep 14 22:42:13 BST 2015

Hey CHCH GNUZ!

I just received the latest email from the Melbourne Free Software Group
and their description of Software Freedom Day and Free Software is
freakin' cool! And so I share  this piece written by Scott Junner with
you all:

Hello Freedom Lovers.

Come together, on Saturday, over freedom!

Freedom must be protected. Freedom must be upheld. Freedom matters!

But most of all Freedom must be celebrated. Otherwise, we forget. And
what do we face if we forget?

On Saturday the 19th of September, this year of 2015, we want to
celebrate SOFTWARE FREEDOM with you.

Freedom to use the software how we see fit.
Freedom to study the software.
Freedom to modify the software.
Freedom to distribute the software.

So we can Create.
So we can Share.
So we can Invent.
So we can Collaborate.
So we can Learn.
So we can has Privacy.

Bring your projects and show them off.
Bring your friends who are hopelessly lost in a world of proprietary
confusion.
Bring your aluminium foil hat wearing uncle.
Bring your inventions
Bring Cake!

You have the freedom to bring cake.

Yay Software Freedom!

--

See you all on Saturday!

Benet.

--
Benet Hitchcock
StarlifterDigital.com

Email: benet at starlifterdigital.com
Mobile ::  +64 (0)27 326 7676

:: Please use GPG where possible ::
Public key: http://starlifterdigital.com/privacy/9A3B1022.asc
Fingerprint: 1ADE 2F11 F6F8 83CB 532F 5089 E923 C2DF 9A3B 1022