[GNUz] Workshop Weds 7.30pm

Steve Brodie shbrodie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:13:35 BST 2015

HI Rik,

Thanks for the invite.  I was in AK today so couldn't make it sadly.  I
have been using Ubuntu 14.04 for over six months and it's great, although I
know no programming.  It's something I would really like to learn as I do a
lot of photo/video work and the batch processing using command lines really
appeals.

Kind regards,
Steve

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Rik Tindall <ask at infohelp.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi all, monthly notice, June 3,
>
> Wednesday night is the Sydenham Freenix* workshop, 7.30-9.30pm (first
> Wednesday of each month, February to December), at the South Learning
> Centre <http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/>, rear door of
> South Christchurch Library, 66 Colombo Street, Cashmere.
>
> We use the 33-computer suite of i5s and overhead projector there, for
> BYO thumbdrive or liveCD distro show & tell, and knowledge exchange:
> a troubleshooting & tuition workshop monthly. Notebooks are the easiest
> demo systems to bring. GNU/Linux Mint, Ubuntu etc Debian variants, releases
> 12.04-15.04 / LTS, are the main distros we currently display on the lab
> machines, but all distros are of interest. If you require a DVD or CD burnt
> you can request it there or by off-list reply please.
>
> Technical presentation space - open format for: talk offerings / some
> regular arduino program discussion / venue familiarisation for
> http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org annual event / what meets demand.
>
> Workshop is also a chance to meet other *nix users, have installation
> questions answered & resolved, get on-line security tips, etc.
>
> Also discussing a www.newnix.club mechanism for delivering systematic
> support and *nix user development into an expanded market space.
> - What kind of new user tuition would you like to see in place?..
>
> All welcome.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Rik Tindall
>
> pp Sydenham GNU/Linux Users
> Software Freedom Day Team Christchurch South 19-September-2015
> http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz
>
> * Freenix = a Unix-derived, Free and Open-Source Software club

STEVE BRODIE
www.lowtechfilm.wordpress.com