[GNUz] Workshop Weds 7.30pm

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Feb 3 09:26:07 GMT 2014

Hi all, monthly notice, February 5,

Happy New Year.

Wednesday night is the Sydenham Freenix* workshop, 7.30-9.30pm (first
Wednesday of each month, February to December), at the South Learning
Centre <http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/>, rear door of
South Christchurch Library, 66 Colombo Street, Cashmere.

We use the 33-computer suite of i5s and overhead projector there, for
BYO thumbdrive or liveCD distro show & tell, knowledge exchange,
troubleshooting & tuition. Notebooks are the easiest demo systems to
bring. GNU/Linux Mint, Point Linux and Ubuntu variants, 12.04-13.10, are
the main distros we currently display on the lab machines. If you
require a DVD or CD burnt you can request it there or by off-list reply
please.

Technical presentation space - open format for talk offerings. Venue
familiarisation for http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org annual event.

Workshop is also a chance to meet other *nix users, have installation
questions answered & resolved, get on-line security tips, etc.

Last year this evening didn't run, because it was Waitangi Day. Now that
it's the day before, the choice is yours whether to attend or not.

All welcome.

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall

pp Sydenham GNU/Linux Users
Software Freedom Day Team Christchurch South 20-September-2014
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz

* Freenix = Unix-derived, Free and Open-Source Software club:
BSD-friendly + http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html