[GNUz] [NZOSS-Openchat] Software Freedom Day needs you!

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Sep 23 01:52:07 BST 2013

Progress report:

> BYO pocket distro please.
>
> Thank you Dave and Andrew for having memory-stick distros ready to
> show. Linux Mint worked well and Point Linux looks very promising for
> our purposes - http://pointlinux.org

Done, but you have to laugh..

Using the Startup Desk Creator on Ubuntu 12.04 (classic desktop), and
the Point Linux iso, I got:

"Installation Failed
An uncaught exception was raised:
Invalid version string 'GNU/Linux'"

- That explain everything!

Moving on. ...

12.04 burnt me a Point Linux CD successfully (mate core), and using the
USB-stick-creator available from booting that, I now have my first
memory-stick *nix session option available and tested. Hooray!

Next question.

How does one keep settings and data persistent; by redirecting /home to
sdb2?

Google time, no doubt.

Cheers

Rik